Animal Technology Research Center comprises four divisions: Animal Medicine, Animal Industry, Animal Technology, and Animal Resources. With the working themes of “professional, technology, innovation, integration, and service,” Animal Technology Research Center is devoted to developing the animal industry into a knowledge-based economy. Current interests include animal vaccines, feed additives, functional feeds for companion animals, and an analytical diagnostic service system.
The main functions of Animal Technology Research Center include the following:
- Developing key technologies and application platforms in animal production to convert research into commercial outcomes.
- Promoting the commercialization of biomaterials and biopharmaceutical for the safety of farm animals’ production.
- Employing feed remedies and good feeding practices for companion animals to promote their health and welfare.
- Developing clinical diagnostic, prognostic, and therapeutic schemes to assist or provide expert opinions in forming disease prevention systems for farm animal herds.
- Organizing systems of optimal animal management practices to facilitate a sustainable production model.
- Developing animal experiment models and biosafety monitoring systems and procedures to provide superior accreditation services for products requiring bio-testing.
- Providing Veterinary drug and food safety analysis services.
The department of Animal Technology Research Center researches and services the following areas:
- Developing of animal vaccines and feed additive.
- Development of rapid diagnostic reagents for animal diseases.
- Establishment of testing and verification service.
- Animal efficacy evaluation service.
- Animal insoection and quarantine.
- Counseling on livestock product accreditation and traceability.
We promote the implementation of plant technology and the industry development specifically on microbial pesticides/fertilizers, healthy seeds/seedlings, and agricultural safety fields based on sustainable agriculture and high-quality & safety assurance agricultural products. Variety services in PTL, such as technical consultation, commissioned researches, diagnosis and testing, etc. were provided to private sectors in strengthening competitiveness and promoting international markets. We work collaboratively with academia, other research institutes and private sectors to develop innovative and useful technologies for commercial production.
The main tasks of Plant Technology Research Center are as follows:
- Develop critical technology, provide technical consultation, and offer commissioned researches and services.
- Develop scaling-up producing techniques and safety evaluation methods of microbial pesticides/fertilizers.
- Establish accredited testing analyses for identifying harmful substances and effective components in agricultural products.
- Establish an integrated system for assisting producers in good agricultural practice, and ensuring the quality and safety of agricultural products.
- Establish accredited testing analyses for the detection of plant pathogen and quarantine organisms in seed/seedlings.
- Apply genomic technology for molecular marker applications, implementation of advanced breeding techniques, high-throughput genotyping and omics data integration.
The department of Plant Technology Research Center researches and services the following areas:
- Service platform for the commercialization of biopesticides.
- Industrialization service for plant genetics.
- Agricultural products safety testing service.
- Detection service for plant seedling pathogen.
- Solar engrgy agriculture services..
- Development service for biofertilizers.
- Certification service for traceable agricultural products.
- Service for agricultural experiments aboard.
Aquatic Technology Research Center, which includes the Aquatic Technology and Aquatic Industry divisions, embodies the concept of “multiple applications and industrial innovation” in the development of sustainable aquaculture. It is informed by advanced research outcomes and employs an entrepreneurial platform. Aquatic Technology Research Center is mainly devoted to product testing and inspection, as well as merchandizing economic aquatic organisms such as ornamental fish, aquatic feed, and algae products.
The aims of Aquatic Technology Research Center are as follows:
- Introducing critical aquatic technologies and modern operation systems and promoting their multiple applications.
- Promoting high value-added production systems that are biologically or ecologically sound, use functional feed or conditioner, and emphasize biosafety and health management.
- Establishing an accreditation system for aquatic production and providing consulting services and expert opinions.
- Using algal resources and establishing an entrepreneurial model for developed products.
- Encouraging aquatic science research and networking ventures to form new businesses.
The department of Aquatic Technology Research Center researches and services the following areas:
- Aquatic organisms,breeding and rearing technology platforms.
- Shrimps,Tilapia and other aquatic products.
- Breeding and rearing of cold water aquatic organisms.
- Breeding and rearing of ornamental organisms.
- Valuable aquaculture articles key technics and the application platforms.
- Value-added application of algae.
- Health management of aquatic resources.
- Articles,biologic agents safety testing and inspection.
The Business Promotion Center comprises four divisions: Industry Analysis, Intellectual Asset Development, Entrepreneurship, and International Affairs. The mission of the center is intellectual property commercialization and the creating profitable enterprises by transferring technology from research organizations to the business sector. The center seeks to increase agricultural productivity and revenue by performing trend analysis of key agricultural commodities and intellectual property management and by encouraging mission-oriented research. Furthermore, the center enables innovative entrepreneurship through venture capital and business incubation, and works with other government assistance programs to help agribusinesses market their products and services.
The major tasks of the Business Promotion Center are as follows:
- Providing counseling, legal networking and assistance, technology transfer aid, intellectual property management, and business plan support to facilitate the conversion of intellectual assets into commercial benefits.
- Introducing discoveries and inventions; applying them in products, services, and processes; and marketing them through sale, assignment, or licensing by promoting partnerships and joint ventures or spinning off companies to create new, more profitable enterprises.
- Providing strategic planning for international market entry and expansion, intellectual property analysis for R&D planning and technological forecasting, and establishing the Agricultural Technology Industry Information Platform to facilitate knowledge and technology diffusion.
- Distributing inventions through various media channels, including the Internet, press, and exhibitions. International cooperation is encouraged and facilitated to match specific competencies with business opportunities.
The Business Promotion Center researches and services the following areas:
- Feasibility evaluation and decision-making support service.
- Industrial analysis and intellectual property strategy service.
- New agribusiness development and service.
- IPR utilization and consultation service.
- Business incubation and industry service.
- International collaborations and development service.
The function of the Agricultural Policy Research Center is to establish a knowledge convergence platform and serve as a policy information hub. It explores the effects of domestic and international agricultural policies to provide insight for policy makers, business, and civil society. The center is a think tank for public policy research, analysis, and engagement, and supports informed science-based agricultural policy making. Furthermore, it maintains a nationwide professional mentoring scheme that recruits specialists and professionals, which both benefits mentees and supports agricultural policy decision-making and strategic planning. The center also identifies and analyzes the development trends of domestic and international agricultural policies and provides consultation services to the government.
The major tasks of the Agricultural Policy Research Center are as follows:
- Analyzing, estimating, and identifying agricultural developments information and trends of domestic and international agricultural policies, as well as providing policy advice to the government.
- Designing research topics in agricultural economics and marketing, conducting industry analysis, and planning strategies for industrial structure adjustment.
- Creating a sustainable path to agricultural developments and prosperities, developing essential research strategies in content marketing, and leveraging marketing strategies across multiple markets.
- Employing the big data convergence approach to form an agricultural database for various types of analysis, modeling, simulation, or prediction.
- Coordinating event production and marketing activities such as technology services, training or promotional programs, publications, exhibitions, and conferences.
The Agricultural Policy Research Center researches and services the following areas:
- Research and planning on rural development and environmental resource.
- Research and economic analysis on agricultural policy.
- Statistics and information integration and application.